“…the ability or belief to believe in yourself to accomplish any task- no matter the odds, no matter the difficulty, no matter the adversity, the belief that you can accomplish it!” – Dr. Ivan Joseph!
I did a TEDx talk hunt on my ASUS laptop, in my self-build folder and found one by Dr. Ivan Joseph! I enjoyed it all! I noted that Self Confidence is a skill that can be trained! 🙂 There’s no magic button in building self-confidence! In order to get the Confidence in you groomed, nurtured and put to effective use.
Repetition! Persistence! and Practice! is vital. Also, do not accept failure- keep persisting! Why bail-out when you fail on your first try? Keep on keeping on… Negative Self talk- There are lots of people out there telling us we can’t do it- in our faces and behind us. Why do we want to join them and tell ourselves same “you are not good enough” or “you can’t make it”?
Do note that:
- Thoughts influence actions- so why entertain negative thoughts!?
- Reaffirm! – Be the Captain of your ship, master of your fate, trust God- you can do it!
- Get away from people who will tear you down and make you feel you are not good enough- move away from that NEGAsphere (Negative Atmosphere)!
- Self-confidence is far from hubris, ego, and false pride- You will need it!
- Get a brag sheet or wall; list your achievements – things you are proud of! And challenge yourself some more to exceed past glories. Hard or tough times will come in the course of life- work, relationships, academia, when you may feel down and not like whom you are or where you are. Stop the negative self-talk- look at your brag sheet and smile… work even harder!
Want to know how to build other peoples self-confidence too. Kindly view #TEDxRyersonU with Dr. Ivan Joseph on “The Skill of Self Confidence”. Thanks for reading, Believe in yourself- GO YOU!